Monday, July 18, 2011

Random Ramblings of a Tired Woman

Hello! I can't believe it has been so long since I have last updated this blog. To catch up, I am now currently 21 weeks pregnant. I have made it through the sickies, and am trying to now make it through the heat. We are doing a lot of swimming and drinking a lot of slurpees. Hopefully the heat will be gone before I get too big to stay comfortable, and start swelling.

I haven't been reading too much in the last couple of months. It is strange, whenever I am pregnant, it is like I just can't force myself to sit down and read. I get too restless or something. I am trying to finish Jane Eyre for the first time ever (don't judge), and just received The History of Love in the mail and am trying to wait to start that before Jane is finished. I don't know if I can wait that long though!

We have had a great summer so far. We spent 10 days in Mexico which was fantastic, and my sisters Monica and Melissa came to Denver for a week to visit with their kids. We had so much fun. As much as I love summer and vacations, I am really looking forward to the fall. There is something so cozy about the fall here in Colorado, I just love it. Plus the heat..... blech!

There are too many thoughts in my head right now, and at risk of boring you all to death with them, I will probably end. Maybe some book reviews in the near future, maybe not. I would also like to put some great recipes up that I have tried. We will see. Time and Energy seem to not be on my side too much these days.

Oh yeah, and baby boy? Turns out HE is a SHE!!  So that means three daughters for us? What are we going to do in about 10 years. Houston is in trouble!

6 comments:

Rae said...

So great to see a post! And I'm definitely not judging because I've never so much as picked up the book Jane Eyre and have zero desire.
Soooooooooooooooo excited to see you in less than two weeks!!!

Olivia said...

hahaha so funny that your baby is really a girl!! it will be fun though!

Steph said...

Yay for another baby girl! Try to stay inside and keep cool!

Elise said...

Hooray for an update! Jealous of your Mexico trip. Sounds heavenly right now.

And HE is a SHE?! So fun to have three little girls!

Trish said...

Um, let me pick my jaw off my desk! A GIRL?????? Oh girlie are you in trouble! ;) My mom survived with three girls and finally had that little boy... And I do love having two sisters.

And ramble on! I would LOVE to hear more from you--trying to get to work a few minutes earlier to do some blog reading then since I can't seem to do it at home. I had the same problem with reading when pregnant and unfortunately it hasn't come back. Just feels like there are SO many other things that "need" to be done first.

Brooke said...

Sounds like a great summer so far!! I can't believe that you are having a girl. My sister-in-law found out that she was having a she instead of a he around the same time. It will be fun for the girls to be so close in age, but yes come car/college/wedding time (scary)...

It will be great!