Sunday, May 1, 2011

Three Years Ago

Three years ago, my life was forever changed. I had just been given a deeper meaning and purpose. I discovered a different realm of love; one I had heard of but couldn't fathom. I was excited and scared. My role in life would forever be different. From then on; I would be someones mother.

 I read every book. I bought everything on every list. But nothing can prepare you for the task you are about to embark upon.

The first time I laid eyes on my daughter, I was smitten. The feeling was intoxicating. Euphoric. Deep. And sincere.
1 year old
2 Years Old

Today, my Emmory turns three. This year she will go potty on the toilet (so help me....), she will go to pre-school, and she will learn how to ride her bike (with training wheels).

Thank you Emmory, for giving me the greatest gift of Motherhood. It has been an great journey so far. I love you more than words can say.  

6 comments:

Alfie's mum said...

That was beautiful. It truly changes every thing about us. She's an absolute doll.

The Marks said...

Yay Happy Birthday Emmory. What a precious little girl. Truly an emotion only a mother can feel about their children.

Rae said...

That first photo is to die for.
I love posts like this because they make me excited to give up my selfish life someday and become a mother. Honestly I've never been that girl who's baby hungry, so I worry that I won't ever feel that way, but when I read posts like this I know I will.
Thanks for sharing, and happy birthday Emmory!!

Brooke said...

She has changed so much over the year. Her hair is so long and beautiful. What a blessing children are, huh?

Trish said...

Oh happy birthday Emmory! What a beautiful little girl she is and that hair! :)

Having been a mom for a whole week (ha!) this post totally has me in tears. What a beautiful mother you are Michelle.

Elise said...

What a sweet post! And her long dark locks in that first photo? Watch out, mom! She's gonna be a heartbreaker.