Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Summer Reading/ Quick Review


Title: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Author: Khaled Hosseini
Pages: 367
Rating: 5/5

This book is fantastic, and a little haunting at times. I love the writing, the stories, the history and the characters. This book quickly became one of my all time favorites.

Title: While I was Gone
Author: Sue Miller
Pages: 266
Rating: 5/5

I was sure what to expect from this book. I knew nothing about it when I picked it up. The story is fascinating, and clever. I hoped the ending were a little different, but it was still great.

2 comments:

The Marks said...

I wish I was more adventurous in books that I read. I tend to go with the trend. But it takes a lot to just sit down and read a book for me. I did hear that they are making a movie of hunger games.

Care said...

I love Hosseini's writing - so talented.