Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'd Like to Start Running as Fast as My Mascara...


I am no runner. I have always despised it in fact. For many reasons really. It is uncomfortable for my.... buxom figure, it makes my frizzy hair, well, frizzier, hurts the lungs, and you know how you can feel your heart beat in your head when you are working out really hard? Yeah, I hate that too. However, for the last year or so, I have had this unnatural obsession with wanting to run. A marathon no less. I am too young to be having a midlife crisis, so lets just chalk it up to hormone levels... At any rate, I have put on my list to run a 10K (way more attainable than the marathon), I started training for it yesterday.

Yesterday was the first day I have run in, I would say 5 (eek!) years! The regimen was pretty easy, but towards the end, I was definitely feeling the challenge. The plan was to spend 5 minutes in a warm up walk. Spend 1 minute in a brisk walk, 1 minute running. Repeating that 10 times, and then a 5 minute cool down. Success! I have the same running schedule today and then tomorrow is a rest day. So far, I would say that I am really enjoying the run.

It is hard for me to run when all I hear is silence. I made a really awesome playlist. Here it is:

1. The Bird & The Worm= Owl City
2. The First Single= The Format
3. Dance Dance= Fall Out Boy
4. Born to Lead=Hoobastank
5. Morris Brown (clean version)= Outkast
6. Money Honey= Lady Gaga
7. Four Minutes=Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake
8 Don't Look Down= David Ryan Harris
9. Pachelbel meets U2= Jon Schmidt



What's on your playlist?

Michelle

6 comments:

Steph said...

I really do hate running for the exact reasons that you said. I don't think it's something I will ever take up but I admire those that do. You are a good woman!

Steph said...

... But when I did jog a back in the day I always had to listen to blackeyed peas and "Lose yourself" by Eminem.

marci helen said...

i am proud of you little momma! i wish i would run, maybe you can be my inspiration.
i would have to listed to "the used" and "alkaline trio" they seem to pump me up...problem is if i like the song too much i will want to sing along and heaven knows i can't do that and run at the same time!

deevinelove said...

Running is the devil! Can't stand it but I try and run two-four miles 4 days a week. I hate every single minute of it.
But here is what helps me get through...

Mercy- Duffy
Beautiful- Moby
Dream about Me- Moby
Somebody Told Me- Killers
That's not my name- The Ting Tings
Machinehead- Bush
Everlong- Foo Fighters
Uprising-Muse
Champange Supernova- Oasis

Just to name a few.
Good luck in your venture!

The Marks said...

one of my songs is R Kelly Ignition whenever it comes on I get a new energy to keep going.

Trish said...

I did a post on this several months ago with music videos--did you see that one? Anyway, I need to remember to download Dance Dance. Love that song!! One of my favorites right now is Break your Heart by Taio Cruz and Ludacris.