Sunday, August 15, 2010

My 15 by 30


I recently read a book called The Next Thing on My List. I found myself relating a little too much with the main character about how she is one to never finish things through. That is me all over the place! I will soon be approaching 30 (eek!) and am inspired to make a list of things I am always saying I want to do but never get around to it. I am calling it My 15 Before 30. So without further ado:

My 15 Before 30

  1. Learn Tennis
  2. Lose 50 pounds
  3. Go to dinner and a movie Alone, by myself
  4. Run a 10K
  5. Get completely out of debt
  6. Take an oil painting class
  7. Read 100 novels between now and then
  8. Take belly dancing classes
  9. Take a writing class
  10. Do a pinup photo shoot (always loved pinup models!)
  11. Pay for a random strangers bill at a restaurant
  12. Spend a whole day at a spa
  13. Make 50 hats to donate to the Children's Hospital
  14. Write a letter to 5 specific people, thanking them for shaping my life
  15. Ride in a Hot Air Balloon

I am currently working on a "101 Things to do before you die" or "bucket list" and these are all included in it. When I am done with the final list, I will share.

What is on your list?


3 comments:

The Marks said...

I love your list we are going to makes lists too. I like the pin up model thing. I was watching LA Ink and this girl got a pinup tattoo on her side it was pretty cool. Good luck can't wait to hear when you knock them off your list.

Rae said...

I love this. One of my favorite bloggers (sliceofpink.com) had a 30 before 30 list and it totally inspired me. I've been working on a 100 before I die list for probably over a year.
Now, a few comments on your list....
Solo movies are. the. best. Seriously. I started going to them by myself maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Only occasionally and never ever on a weekend. The more I did it, the more comfortable I became. Now I don't care if it's an 8pm showing on a Saturday and I see people I know. I seriously love it. A lot of times I prefer going solo. I just saw Eat Pray Love by myself on Monday and had a great time. The best is when you end up doing a little solo shopping before or after. :)
I love the idea of paying for a random stranger's meal. I'm going to add that to my list!
I've spent the better part of the day at a spa and it's incredible and so worth it. You'll never be able to justify it but do it anyway! You deserve it.
Riding in a hot air balloon is on my list too! Maybe we could do it together. :)

Care said...

Wow! Fun and varied list! Best to you on completing - and keep adding to it, right? I have always said that I want to make a quilt before I die and that if I keep putting off getting started than I will live forever. (uh huh)