Thursday, December 31, 2009

What's on your list?



I am sure that most people are making their New Year's Resolution lists right now and usually I am doing the same. Lose weight, be more organized, be more this and less of that. This year I am going to do things a little differently. 2009 was a great year for me, but let's be honest, I cannot even remember what was on my resolution list. I lost that thing by January 12! Don't get me wrong, I love lists, I love setting goals, I always am thinking of new things to accomplish and ways I would like to better my life, but to make some honest changes that will last seems to be more fulfilling than "losing 10 pounds"... (okay, okay..... maybe a little more than 10 pounds, I can't help it! This new baby is addicted to double stuff oreo's and mom's homemade fudge!!!).

I can't remember where I saw this or who it was, but I came across a brilliant idea that I know I can stick to in 2010. Instead of a list, I am going to change one thing. For 2010, I want to focus on kindness. Not just being nice to people, but true honest to goodness kindness...

Kind*ness
is the act or the state of being kind and marked by charitable behaviour, marked by mild disposition, pleasantness, tenderness and concern for others.

I know how to be nice, but I really want to focus outside of myself and really be kind. If you think about it, that is really a hard thing to do. Especially to people you don't really care much for, or to complete strangers. (I know everyone of you have had an episode while driving...) I have one daughter who is already quite the sass and one on the way. I would like to know that they will be taught this quality by their parents.

Anyway, happy New Year! I hope 2010 is the best yet. I know I am looking forward to many great changes in my life, and am excited for everyone of them~




3 comments:

The Marks said...

thats a great goal for this year. Ive never done the whole resolutions thing. So why start now. Emmory looks so cute in the picture.

Steph said...

I love it! Such a great resolution, something that will impact your life quite a bit. Good for you!

The Marks said...

were having a girl I would text you or call you but I dont have your number sorry.