Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Festival Recipe Exchange


Amy from My Friend Amy is hosting this recipe exchange. There is no better way to celebrate autumn than to get in your kitchen and cook something comforting, and delicious! My recipe is from my mom for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. These are really the best!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C. shortening

1 1/2 C. sugar

1 egg

1 C. pumpkin (make sure you use just pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)

2 1/2 C. flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. salt

1 pkg. chocolate chips.

mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 min. These are so delicious!!!


10 comments:

Nicole said...

Great recipe. I wouldn't have thought of mixing pumpkin and chocolate but I'm sure they would be good.

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

another great combination! Thanks for the recipe.

Beth F said...

I participate in an annual cookie exchange -- this one is going on my to try list.

debnance said...

Pumpkin and chocolate chips, eh? Fascinating!

Amy said...

These sound wondeful! Thanks for sharing. ;)

Trish said...

YUMMMM! Where do you buy just pumpkin? Knowing your mom it comes from the backyard, huh? :)

ashleyandcody said...

I love pumpkin cookies! I will have to try it...

heidenkind said...

Pumpkin in cookies? Mmmmm.

Alfie's mum said...

Yum! I am all over it!

Meg and JC said...

ya this is definitely my favorite of mom's recipes! love it sister! you made me salivate and i'm going to make them tomorrow :)