Friday, September 25, 2009

Sante Fe Cheese Soup in Slow Cooker


After the weather turned cold here, the most reasonable thing to do was soups for dinner! I love my slow cooker. It is so easy to make delicious meals. If you don't have one of these things, it is definitaly worth the investment.
Sante Fe Cheese Soup
1 pound Velveeta Cheese, cubed
1 pound Ground Beef, browned and drained
1 can (15 1/4 ounces) Whole Kernal corn, with liquid
1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, with liquid
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, with liquid
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, diced, with liquid
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
Combine all ingredients in a greased slow cooker. Cover and cook in high heat 3 hours or on low heat 4-5 hours. Makes 6-8 servings. Serve with Fritos. Delicious!

6 comments:

Steph said...

That sounds SO good! I'm going to have to try it. I love new recipe ideas, keep them comin'!

Alfie's mum said...

I love taco soup! this looks so easy and delicious!

The Marks said...

mmm that sounds good its going to get really cold here this week. Im not excited at all but it looks beautiful in the canyons.

Monica and Stephen said...

That sounds yummy. I will have to try it. Maybe Steve would try it.

Trish said...

Oooooooooooooh my gosh. This looks so delicious!

Booklogged said...

Love my slow cooker, too. This sounds so good - can't wait to try it.