Thursday, September 4, 2008

10 favorite things about being a mom

1- Watching her grow right before my eyes. Every day she has changed in some way.

2- Watching her learn new and simple things like rolling over.

3- Knowing that I can calm and comfort when she is hurting. (She is teething)

4- Knowing that for these short moments in her life, she is perfect in God's eyes.

5- Knowing that I was chosen to teach this child about life, and what it's purpose is. Being a parent gives life such a deeper meaning and purpose.

6- Singing silly songs to her and watching her laugh.

7- Bath time. She loves to splash and play.

8- Holding her. It is a great time for me to sit quietly and just be. There is no where to be and nothing to stress about when I am looking into her eyes.

9- Her tiny hands holding my finger. Her trusting me. It is a great feeling...

10- And the BEST thing about being a mommy....Her smile. I can't help but smile back when I see it.

4 comments:

marci helen said...

you are such a good mommy! i love that you are just soaking up all the sweetness emms has to offer! (didn't know if you wanted her real name out in blog land...)

Monica and Stephen said...

I totally agree!!!

kath said...

Love you and miss that yummy baby!!!!!

Trish said...

Hi lady!!! I was looking up some statistics on my blog this morning (because I am a TRUE nerd) and saw that this Michelle chick was kind of stalking me. :) So I popped over and it is YOU!! I'm so glad to have found your blog--and wish you would have said hi!!

Your baby is gorgeous--how old is she now?